Mission & Objectives
The primary mission of the Ukrainian National Museum of Chicago is to preserve and share the Ukrainian Immigration contribution to Chicago’s cultural tapestry.
- Be the central collection point for Ukrainian immigrant’s documents, artifacts, and records of life in America and Ukraine.
- Develop the museum’s collection by encouraging donations of documents, artifacts, and records related to Ukraine’s history, culture, and the immigration experience.
- Preserve and protect those resources that are rare, fragile, or subject to deterioration.
- Catalog the museum resources for ease of research, accountability and use.
- Exhibit and make known the museum’s resources to educate the public in the accomplishments and activity of the Ukrainian Immigration in the USA and the history and culture of Ukraine.
- Establish links with other similar organizations and institutions to develop synergy and sharing of resources.
- Develop and utilize a professional staff to obtain grants, funding, donations, new membership, and for the execution of museum and archival functions.